Do you wish to eliminate any of your Arlo security cameras? If yes, you will have to remove that camera from its registered arlo account. Here’s the complete set of steps that must be followed to eliminate the arlo security cameras from an arlo account.
Merely physically removing an arlo camera won’t be enough for its complete elimination. It is because until or unless it is completely removed from its registered arlo account it will be counted as a part of other arlo security cameras configured around. So, if you no longer require any of your configured arlo security cameras then here’s a support procedure to guide you through the complete eliminating process from an arlo account. Removing a Netgear Arlo Login Camera from your arlo account will delete all the modes and configurations related to it. The eliminated arlo security camera will be auto reset back to its default settings. After completely removing an arlo camera if you wish to reconsider or make it a part of your security system again, then all of its configuration settings will have to be done again. Users will have to again add it under their arlo account and will also have to repeat all the setup steps they did earlier. Now, to remove any of the arlo cameras you may refer to the following set of steps.
Following are the steps for removing arlo security camera and its base station from an arlo account:
- Open the arlo application if it is installed on your internet supporting device. In case, you don’t have the arlo application, then visit www.my.arlo.com from the web browser on your device.
- Type in the Arlo Account sign in credentials and submit them to open up your account.
- Once the arlo account opens up, locate the “Mode” button under settings menu and click on it.
- Under mode menu, click on the Arlo camera or SmartHub that needs to be eliminated.
- After selecting the camera and SmartHub click on the option labeled as “Disarmed.”
- In case an Arlo Ultra, Wire-free Arlo or Arlo pro camera is being eliminated then make sure their respective SmartHub are also in disarmed state.
- Find the “Settings” menu and click on it.
- Under settings menu click on “My Devices” tab.
- A list of devices will open up. So, select the arlo camera and SmartHub that needs to be eliminated from your registered arlo account.
- After specifying the camera and SmartHub, click on the button for “Remove Device.”
- A confirmation prompt will open up. So, click on “Yes” option to confirm the elimination of that camera and SmartHub.
In this way, the arlo camera and SmartHub can be removed from its arlo account. Kindly, remember that eliminating the SmartHub will remove all the Arlo security cameras that were synced to that SmartHub. So, before removing the SmartHub check the number of cameras synced to it.
In case, you wish to rename your netgear arlo camera, then kindly refer to the following steps:
- Open the arlo application or you may visit www.my.arlo.com from any of internet supporting devices.
- Sign in to your arlo account by submitting the account sign in credentials.
- After the arlo account opens up, find the “Settings” menu and click on it.
- Under “Settings” menu click on “My Devices.”
- A list of available devices will open up. So, select the arlo security that needs to be renamed.
- Click once on the Name of your camera.
- Click inside the “Name field.”
- Type in the combination of alphabets for assigning a new name to your arlo security camera.
- Kindly remember that the maximum allowed character limit for name is 32 only. So make sure the name you type in is less than 32 characters.
- After typing in the new name, click on the “Save” button to retain the changes made till now. This will save the new name and your arlo will be renamed.
So this was all how users can remove their arlo security camera and SmartHub from their registered arlo account. Apart from this, steps for renaming an arlo cameras has also been discussed here. Hope you found the entire procedure easy to execute and helpful as well. For more such support, kindly visit Arlo Netgear Com Login page. In case of advanced help, users can also get assistance from arlo technical support team.