Is your Arlo Go unable to communicate with cloud? It could be due to weak or intermittent internet connections, invalid SIM card, expired service plan, etc. Irrespective of these contributing factors here’s the list of troubleshooting steps to overcome the Arlo Go connectivity issues related to cloud.
The status of LED lights clearly tells whether the camera is able to communicate with cloud or not. Most of the times, the problem could be due to internet connectivity issues. So it is suggested to first ensure that the camera is receiving adequate mobile signal strength. If the internet signals are found to be week, then users must try to reset the mobile device. In case the signal strength is good but the camera is not receiving signals, then try to reposition the camera within the internet network coverage range.
The faster beeping of LED light in amber color indicates that the Arlo Go security camera is within the mobile network coverage but is still unable to communicate with cloud. In such a case users need to troubleshoot the concern by following a certain troubleshooting procedure for it. Before troubleshooting one must ensure the LED light settings for Arlo Go security camera are in ON state. It is because the glowing of LED lights proves to be helpful while troubleshooting. So, check if the camera LED is glowing or not. If the camera LED is not glowing, then try to take out the pair of batteries and insert them back to place after few seconds. If the LED still doesn’t start glowing, then check if the settings of LED light have been disabled. If the lights are found to be disabled then enable it by turning ON the settings for it
Kindly, refer to following Netgear Arlo Setup steps for checking and turning ON the setting for the glowing of Arlo Go LED light.
- Open the arlo app or visit www.my.arlo.com and open your Arlo account.
- Soon as your arlo account opens up, click on the “Settings” menu.
- Under Settings menu locate the option for “My Devices” and click on it.
- Select your Arlo Go security camera whose LED light glowing status needs to be checked and turned on.
- Check the alignment of slider available in front of the option labeled as “LED ON/OFF.” If the slider is aligned towards OFF, then it means the LED light settings have been completely turned OFF. It also symbolizes that the LED light settings for indicators LED’s “BOOT LED,” “Full Charge” and “Status LED” has also been turned OFF.
- Here, you can turn ON the LED settings by simply moving the “LED ON/OFF” slider to ON or by turning on the settings for each indicator separately. In order to turn ON the Boot LED lights, you may swap its slider to ON. If you wish to turn ON the Charging indicator, then swap the slider in front of “Fully Charged Indicator” to ON state. To turn ON the Status indicator lights, you may move the slider its slider to ON. You can ask for Arlo Setup help if you find any difficulty while executing any of these steps.
Once the status of Arlo Go camera’s LED lights is set to ON, you may refer to the following steps for troubleshooting the Arlo Go cameras connectivity issues with cloud.
- Check if the SIM card inserted in your Arlo Go camera is in active state or not. If it is found to un-active, then kindly get the SIM activated.
- Ensure the SIM card being used for your Arlo GO security camera is valid. The SIM card status can be easily know by looking at the status of Arlo GO camera’s LED light. If the LED seems to glowing steady amber in color, then it means either there is no SIM card or the inserted SIM card has got damaged. In this case, you should get a new SIM card activated and inserted inside your Arlo Go security camera.
- Kindly ensure your Arlo Mobile service plan is active and has enough recharge balance for the proper functioning of your Arlo Go security camera.
- One must ensure there are enough mobile networks and there is no outage reported in your area. In case there is an outage, then make sure you report the concern to respective service provider.
Thus, in this way users can troubleshoot the issue whenever their Arlo Go is unable to connect or communicate with cloud. The procedure is designed to be easy to understand. Still, if you find it difficult to understand, then feel free to get in touch with Arlo Camera Setup team for better understanding and advanced help options.